Saturday, August 30, 2008

Friday night numbers

Kilometres: 10.91
Time: 1:04:53
Pace: 5:56/km
Temperature with humidity: 30C
Number of bugs ingested: 17,453

It was not a fun run. Between the heat, the bugs and the onset of a cold (yeah, I'm sick), I barely got through it.

Today I have a stuffy head, runny nose, dry throat and not a lot of energy, which does not bode well for a 35K (2K more than I originally thought) run tomorrow.

I've decided to join the marathon group because I know I'll need some support to get through this (especially sick... and I know I should not be running sick, but there's no more wiggle room here!) and the walk breaks and slower pace will definitely be good for me given the circumstances.

Hopefully I'll still be standing on my own to feet by the end of it.

2 comments:

TNTcoach Ken said...

They say feed a cold, but I'm not sure about that many bugs......

Marci said...

It was hot Friday, I went for a 10K as well. Bring on cool fall running weather I say. Good job with your long run. Hope you are feeling better.