Friday, August 29, 2008

How fast can I run a mile?

Reid over at Life Strides is on a mission to crack the 5-minute-mile barrier and he's looking for some support.

Anyone and everyone is invited to participate in his Virtual 1-Miler on September 6th.



(Obviously, we are not expected to run anywhere close to a 5-minute-mile. Just go out and run a mile and send Reid some good vibes to reach his goal.)

I've never done a short distance time trial (nor have I ever done speed work) so I don't really know what to expect. All I have to go on is my best 5K, which was a 4:43/KM pace or 7:35/mile. I'll aim for around 7:00 and see what happens.

3 comments:

Nitmos said...

Thanks for stopping by and good luck with your one mile race! Just think only 25 more of those miles and the marathon will be complete.

Lily on the Road said...

I might have to try that, I'll see how I feel after the tri....

Ax said...

Thanks for posting this Marlene! I really appreciate your support and positive vibes. This is going to be one heck of a run. Good luck with your mile!