Thursday, August 28, 2008

A change of scenery

For a little change of pace last night, I met up with three lovely ladies from the Running Room (two of whom I trained with last winter, one of whom I met for the first time yesterday) for a run in the country. It was about 6:30 on a beautiful evening and we even got to take in the sunset during the second half of our run. The temperature was perfect, as was the setting. We basically ran a large rectuangular 14K "loop", which you can see here. Click on "Satellite" you'll see what I mean about being in the country.

We held a steady conversational pace and took three short walk breaks throughout (not my style, but when in Rome...) and it was just one of those feel-good runs.

As it turns out, I may not have to run my 33K solo this Sunday. The RR marathon group happens to be running the same distance and one of the ladies invited me to come along. It would be nice to have some company, a different route and maybe a little extra push to get out of bed at 5:00AM. I hesitate because of those walk breaks, but I'm thinking about it.

No comments: