Tuesday, August 05, 2008

My first virtual race

I ran Sporting Life in May, Mud Run and the City Chase in June, Rebecca Run in July. I've been feeling like a need a little somethin'-somethin' to keep me motivated in August (you know, besides THE MARATHON looming over my head) before the Fall race season kicks off in September.



I stumbled upon a "Virtual Race" (thanks to Lily on the Road for posting) hosted by Non-Runner Nancy. It's an 8-miler being held on 08/08/08 in honour of the Olympics and all you have to do to participate is:

- Run 8 miles sometime around the 8th.
- Post a race report on your blog.
- Let Nancy know that your race report is up.

It's that easy! And she even has prizes!

So this Friday I'll be running my first 8 mile (~13K) "race". I dare ya to join me!

In other news, I'm back to work after a glorious 4-day weekend. Time to look at the schedule for this week. Let's see...

Mon: rest
Tue: 8 (keeping it slow, legs are still in recovery-mode)
Wed: 5
Thu: 4
Fri: 8-miler (13K)
Sat: rest
Sun: 30K
= 60K

No comments: