Friday, August 19, 2011

"My legs keep no pace with my desire"


That's this year's slogan for A Midsummer Night's Run  - 15 and 30K races taking place on the Toronto waterfront.

This will be my third year running the 30K, so I get this nifty commemorative 90K pin:



2009 was disappointing when I was under-trained and over-ambitious. Last year I redeemed myself.

2009

2010
I'm not too sure what to expect this year, but I don't have any aggressive goals given the forecast of 30C/86F (plus humidity) when the race starts. Ideally I'd like to run conservatively to pick it up (maybe to MRP?) for the second half, but we'll see how I feel in the conditions.

What I do know is that my costume is ready to go (it's practically required at this fairy-themed race) and I'm looking to have a great time with tons of running friends.
 
Hoping to run into Kenny, Lish, Laura and Aneta. Anyone else going to be there? 

26 comments:

J said...

Good luck girly!! Have a great race and rock it! You have the ability!

Jason said...

What in the word is an MRP?

What is the costume? Despicable Marlene? But I would think running in the wetsuit would be very hard to do and the goggles might fog up....but it would win for best costume EVER!!!!

Runners Fuel said...

Have fun & good luck!

Heidi said...

Have fun at your race. I look forward to seeing what costume you've come up with.

Lisa said...

Sounds like a fun, but hot, race! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

That bling looks rockin'! Have a great race!

Cynthia said...

I will be running the 30K as well!! See you there :) And have fun!!

ajh said...

Love the pin. Have fun with it.

Robin said...

I'll be there too, 30K, my second time (so got my 60K pin).

Anonymous said...

thnx for the shout out!!

good luck tomorrow. hope to see you there!

Jill said...

Oooh, love that pin!! Have a great time - run strong!!! :)

kristen said...

Have a great race!! Hope you get a weather miracle and it cools down!

Kerrie said...

Do you race every weekend, lady? You lucky girl. Have a great one!!!!!

Char said...

The weather conditions sound perfectly awful so conservative sounds sensible. Have fun - at least you'll look cute.

fancy nancy said...

Good luck!!! Can't wait to see the costume!

Anne said...

Have a blast Marlene! :)

Fran said...

Have fun at the race, can't wait to see your costume.

I admire you for being able to run at 30C. This Spring when I was supposed to do my first half marathon I had a DNF because of the heat and humidity (27C). I suck at running in hot temperatures, I can't even handle it very well when I ain't working out. My body just doesn't like heat.

Laura said...

I won't be 'fairy-ed' up...I was too busy this week to even think about it but will keep my eyes open for blogger spotting.
Have a great race and let's pray for some cooler temps....

Q said...

Good luck, enjoy!

Hunnybee said...

I won't be playing dress up tonight, but lady rock the look!
I'll keep my eye out for ya.

Nicole said...

GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN!

misszippy said...

I'm betting you kicked a little booty!

Mark said...

Man that sounds like fun!!! Wishin' I could be there! Best of luck to you my friend!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty pumped to see that costume - you never disappoint! ;) Have fun!

Kelly (She Wears a Red Sox Cap) said...

Good luck even in the heat! I'm sure you'll do great and at least enjoy your costume :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I just realized this was a night race. I have never done a night race...how fun!!