Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Adventures

Saturday morning I was up early for a long run... and wondering how my legs would hold up after 41 miles of riding on Friday. I was running solo for a change and a little worried about 20 miles all by my lonesome, but I easily zoned out in my thoughts and my music, and the miles ticked by pretty easily. I kept the pace on the slow side given my recent hamstring issues and felt great start to finish!

30 minutes kilometres dedicated to Amanda for her 30th Birthday Virtual Race! Happy Birthday Amanda!!!




mmmmmmm
I had a quick ice bath once I got home and then waited to hear from Juliana - she and her hubby were participating in Toronto City Chase #2 and I offered to be their support "crew."


I was excited to be on the other side of the action for a change. Shortly after 10am some texts and emails came in and I got busy looking up info. They were able to send me snapshots of the clue sheet which made it a lot easier to look up information.



I solved as many as I could and sent them as much info as possible as quickly as possible. I can't wait to hear how their day went! It was definitely neat to be on this side - especially for J and her hubby since they were pretty laid back, just looking to have some fun - unlike a certain other team (ahem) I know. ;)

When my duties were completed and I had sufficiently stuffed my face with recovery foods, hubs and I headed to Lake Wilcox for an open water swim. It felt great to get in the lake and we swam 1070m out to the mid-point buoy and back. (measured with my handy Garmin-in-swim-cap-trick.)


We had our bikes in the car and headed straight out on a ride after the swim. (Yes we did a little of everything today!) We headed to our new favourite place for a mid-ride treat: Yogurtys!

no guilt after a 4+ training day!



Sunday was spent slogging through a groggy early morning recovery run, cheering on my friend Erin at the Cobourg tri and having a BBQ with some friends we have not seen in a while.



All in all, a fantastic weekend. If only it didn't have to end...

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when the days when 20 miles was a workout in itself?? ;) haha geeze, you two have a LOT of energy. Love it!

Joanna said...

When a 20-miler feels good from start to finish...that's an awesome day!

April said...

Glad you had a great 20 miler. Yay for no pain!
What a great...active weekend!
You make me feel lazy.;)

Char said...

Yum, that yoghurt looks so good!

Laura said...

Awesome weekend! My hubs did the DU relay in Coburg on Saturday..it was so foggy they had to delay everything..

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Marlene. Definitely some well-earned yogurt!

Unknown said...

you had a great weekend. of course, the yogurt may have been the best part. ;)

Teamarcia said...

Very active and fun weekend--perfect! Being on the other side of the City Chase sounds almost better to me than being the one doing it--almost...
Yogurt looks divine and well earned!

Johann said...

If only it didn't have to end...my thoughts exactly on my way to work this morning. You had a very productive weekend! Keep it going!

ShutUpandRun said...

Great job on all those workouts...I love your motivation and discipline. I also love the cheetah skirts in the last picture!!! Glad you had a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

I have heard about the "Garmin in the swim cap" trick, but not really sure how that works. Are you using your running Garmin? Or your bike computer? And it doesn't get too wet? Does it bother your head?

Denise said...

nice work!! love that you're always smiling!!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Great job with so much activity! You definitely earned that frozen yogurt (and then some!)
:)

macnic said...

Great weekend! That treat looks amazing!

Gotta Run..... said...

These weekends go by WAY-TOO-FAST!! Hubby and I went to Yogurt Mount. here...same kind of treat for a great week of training.

MCM Mama said...

Way to fit in a ton of working out!! Sounds like it was an awesome weekend.

ajh said...

I want some of that fro yo!

J said...

I definitely need longer weekends - there is just NOT enough time! Looks like a super fun one! Nice job on the 20 miler!

Jason said...

Despicable Marlene rears her happy smiling face again.....love it.

That is a SBR weekend to be jealous of for sure.

Does that Garmin in the swim cap thing itch? I would think it would itch and being who I am I would be playing with it throughout the swim and inevitably ruin or lose it in the lake.

Nicole said...

Your such a busy bee!! Are you EVER tired??? :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome weekend indeed!

Fran said...

You made me laugh: first you tell me you ran a 20 miler which is huge for me and later you say "we did a little bit of everything today" Well to me that's a lot :)

Looks like you had a perfect, active and fun weekend.

RunToTheFinish said...

you keep getting me all motivated to go kick my butt every day! thanks for participating in my silly little run...3 miles, you did that in your sleep!

Alison said...

Hi Marlene - i am participating for the first time in the Wasaga SPRINT Triathlon Sept. 10. Do you have any advice on apparel for the swim/bike transition?
You are an inspiration to many!
Thanks,
Alison

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a super fun weekend! And that cup of deliciousness was definitely earned!! Yum!!

Richelle said...

Awesome job this weekend! You totally deserved that Yogurtys!