Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting down to business

I have mentioned my ongoing knee issues several times. I have a 'condition' caused by an injury last Easter that usually doesn't bother me (much) but acts up from time to time. Rather than just tolerating it and keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't act up at a bad time (like, say, the day of a race!) I have decided to deal with it once and for all. My running instructor recommended a clinic (Lifespring) with physiotherapists who actually specialize in running. My husband saw them for the first time last night due to an injury that has had him off his feet for nearly three weeks. Turns out it's a bad case of the ol' shin splints. We was very impressed so I decided to make an appointment. It's not until the 24th, but I am looking forward to hearing what they have to say about it and more importantly, start treating it.

We're also going to be seeking some professional nutritional advice from a nutritionist specializing in running as well. Hubby has coverage through work so he's going to take advantage of it and hopefully get lots of good information to share - what to eat leading up to a race, the morning of, after, etc.

Who knew there was so much to learn?!

No comments: