Friday, January 18, 2008

TGIF

It's been a good week so far. I ended up going skating on Monday so I only ran about 3KM. Tuesday night was 6KM with clinic and Wednesday was 7 hills (7!!!) and a total of about 9.5 KM. Last night I ran a speedy 5KM on the treadmill at the gym, faster than I have been able to run in a while.

The hills (particularly the last couple) were brutal...but good. I was really feeling it in my butt and hips that night and the next day. And the next day. And still today. :)

This better pay off! Actually, I think it already is. A few weeks ago running 5 hills just about killed and and this week I was able to complete 7...so that's progress! The thing I like most about hill training is the mental and emotional challenge. It's excellent practice for hanging in there for the last few kilometres of a half marathon (or longer) when you really don't think you can go any further.

Tomorrow morning I am meeting a couple girls at the ungodly hour of 7:00 AM for 16K again. It's going to be tough getting out of bed when the alarm goes off at 6, but it will be nice to sleep in again on Sunday. Especially since it's going to be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZING.

No comments: