Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I should be running right now

But I don't feel like it! It's just been one of those days. We had a few too many beverages little too much fun at our BBQ yesterday (which was re-located to my father-in-law's place at the last minute due to excessive construction activity next door... argh!) and I wasn't feeling too hot this morning. It was a long day at work, a long commute with more traffic than usual, an hour-long wait in the walk-in clinic for test results (everything is okay), a trip to the grocery store, and now I just want to sit my butt on the couch and do nothing! I should probably eat some dinner, too...

I'm technically in recovery mode before kicking off 5 in 5 (or maybe 6 in 5?) with the half marathon this Sunday so an extra rest day isn't going to kill me.

Not much else to report. I hope your Tuesday was better than mine, and if not, I hope you're vegging on the couch! At least we're one day closer to another weekend.

22 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

hmmm, Tuesday that seems more like a monday, the downside of a long weekend. Sounds like it was a good weekend, but glad you're allowing yourself the break, it's well deserved :) See you thursday!

Marky Mark said...

You deserve the rest! I forgot that Ottawa was so soon. Are you trying to set yet another record in it or just enjoy the sites?

Unknown said...

This is definitely a slow week!

teacherwoman said...

Yes hun, you most definitely deserve the rest day! Sounds like you enjoyed it! :)

Anonymous said...

I hate traffic. Unfortunately I tend to get stuck in it often on my way home:( You have another half this weekend. You kill me.

Melanie Tait said...

Enjoy it Marlene! You've totally earned it. Maybe try and get a sneaky little massage or manicure as well :)

Sarah said...

My Tuesday blew too.....Tuesdays as the beginning of the week, not so good! The rest is good!

Jess said...

Sometimes the rest is what you really need!

Denise said...

Heh, I hate when cocktails mess with my runs. Been there too often!

Patrick said...

Focus on the positive-- You got to hang out with friends-- have a few cocktails, eat some good food. You've been working hard and deserve it!

Carly said...

Enjoy your day off! Sounds like a fun time with your friends and family. You just have to do that sometimes.

Jamie said...

It's okay not to feel the running today! A rest day does a body good :) Enjoy your day off!

X-Country2 said...

I agree. I'm so anxious for Memorial Day, that this will likely be the longest day in teh history of the universe. Blah!

No Longer Using said...

hey take a rest day! you deserve it!!!!! we all feel like this sometimes :)

J said...

A break will do you good! Sounds like a crazy day. hope today is better!

Mark said...

Veg time is wonderful!!! You've been running great!

yumke said...

Ha! The Night Crawler.. hope I talked you into it. It is a great local race.

joyRuN said...

You absolutely deserve a rest before 5-in-5 kicks off! You've been a racing goddess!!!

Felice Devine said...

It's good to have those days -- and to have those BBQs! You need them!!

Anonymous said...

a rest day definitely won't hurt - you've got your runs ahead of you!! I'm excited for your series to kick off! lots of race reportinggg

Lindsay said...

you definitely earned a little rest - hope you were able to relax! 6 in 5? you may need to schedule another doc appt ;)

I Run for Fun said...

Enjoy the rest day, girl! You of all people deserve it!