Saturday, May 09, 2009

Mississauga Half Marathon Goals



We visited the expo and picked up our kits yesterday and had a close call when I realized in the parking lot that I no longer had the envelope containing my bib and chip. PANIC! I had set it down at a vendor booth and fortunately it was still there when I went back for it. Phew!

I'm feeling good about the race tomorrow. Hubby drove the route on Friday and reported some pleasant scenery and a slightly downhill course. There are only a few climbs - nothing like the monsters we faced two weeks ago. The weather looks great - about 8C (46F and mainly sunny.

I know I can run 2:00:00.

I think
I can run 1:55:00.

I hope
I can run something close to 1:50:00.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Good luck to my fellow runners. If you're going to be there, watch for me in my super bright yellow Sporting Life top.

21 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Good luck tomorrow, even though you don't need it, and have a great race!! Hoping the weather will be better than tomorrow! :D Can't believe you put down your kit! YIKES!

ShutUpandRun said...

Good luck. I know you can do 1:50!!

Mark said...

Good luck Marlene! Hope you get that 1:50!!

Marci said...

good luck tomorrow.

RunningLaur said...

Good luck - I'll be virtually cheering for you!

No Longer Using said...

love the top!!! good luck!!! go get 'em!!

macnic said...

Best of luck to you! You can do it.

Road Warrior said...

1:50 would be amazing, but if anyone has it in them, it's you. Enjoy and keep us posted!

X-Country2 said...

Good luck! Go get 1:50!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

JenZen said...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

What I would GIVE for 46F right now.

Jess said...

Good luck today! I hope you get that 1:50!

Toni said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great!

Sonia said...

I'm sure you're going to do well today!!! =)

Lindsay said...

great goals. i know you have a 1:50 in you! have fun today and good luck!

Lily on the Road said...

I'm thinking of you!!! Good Luck today!

Jamie said...

Good luck - hope it went well today!

yumke said...

Can't find results, but hope to see them soon!

yumke said...

1:52:30! awesome. And your husband did really well too. Congrats to you both.

Being Robinson said...

I hope your half went well!! Sorry I didn't get the chance to wish you good luck before hand. Looking forward to your race report!

Denise said...

Yikes, I'm late to comment..hope it went well!