Saturday, May 23, 2009

This is the life

We had a smooth drive to Sharbot Lake (outside Ottawa) this morning. The cottage is beautiful with the best of both worlds - a secluded property on a tiny lake, but having all the comforts of home (including wireless internet).



We relaxed by the lake, did a little kayaking, had a big pasta dinner and played some cards. The only thing missing was a cold BEvERage, but we have to save that for the post-race celebration.





There are seven adults staying here and I still managed to score my own private sleeping quarters. Not bad for $0 a night.



I even found a little goodie basket in my room with treats and inspirational quotes.




My official goal for tomorrow is to enjoy the course (I've never even been to Ottawa), have fun and feel good finishing. I'm thinking something around 2:00 (a feat that wiped me out just six months ago).

But for now, it's time to tuck myself into bed - we have a 4:00AM wake-up call!

(Make sure you check out the power bar recipe [below] if you haven't already - I'm telling you, they're the best!)

24 comments:

Nancy D said...

good luck!!

A Toronto girl out West said...

What lovely pre-race accomodations! :o)

All the best tomorrow!!!!!! I'll be pulling for you!

Carly said...

Looks like a cool place! Good luck tomorrow.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

nice digs! good luck tomorrow and enjoy the city/race!

X-Country2 said...

What an adorable welcome basket and lake house. Good luck tomorrow!

J said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Have fun! That cottage looks so cute! Enjoy your stay!

Marci said...

Good luck today, what an awesome host!

EndorphinBuzz said...

I know you won't see this until after your race but GOOD LUCK anyways! And do enjoy the course, Ottawa is a nice course going by so many landmarks and tourist attractions.

Kelly said...

Wow, absolutely gorgeous! I hope everything goes well tomorrow!

Lindsay said...

cute place! sounds like the makings of a great weekend. love the race goody basket :) good luck in the race!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your weekend and have a good time at the race!

Jess said...

That looks like a great place to stay! Enjoy the race and have fun!

Heather said...

What a fun place to say. Looking forward to hearing about the race!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! It looks so nice and relaxing. Enjoy.

Melanie Tait said...

Good luck Marlene!

Wow that cottage looks amazing. I hope you're still having a lovely time :)

Christy said...

So beautiful! Hope all went well today, can't wait for the report.

Unknown said...

Good luck. The place looks like a dream.

I Run for Fun said...

What a dream weekend! Good luck!

Jamie said...

Oh jealous - that place looks heavenly right now! Good luck and enjoy a cold beverage or two post race :)

Denise said...

Sorry I'm late...good luck!

Anonymous said...

that cottage is beautiful!!! I love the way you wrote BEvERage..hahah. hope you have a cold one waitin for ya after the race!!

Anonymous said...

that cottage is beautiful!!! I love the way you wrote BEvERage..hahah. hope you have a cold one waitin for ya after the race!!

Jenn said...

Hope you had a blast! I definitely had a few too many glasses of wine with dinner tonight - but it's not helping with the pain in my legs now!

Runner Leana said...

It looks beautiful out there!