Saturday, June 13, 2009

Back to my old stomping grounds

My last last long run, excluding races, was April 11th. I love to race, but it was refreshing this morning to wake up at a slightly more reasonable hour (6:30AM) and set out for a long, leisurely run on my own terms. Hubby and I headed to a local park where I ran most of my long runs last summer (it's about an 11K loop). We didn't run together (he was running longer and faster, as usual) but it was nice to start together and see each other a couple times along the way.

It was a beautiful morning for a run, still cool when we started, and it felt great to just run. I love the paved trails through the park, so quiet and peaceful when we started bright and early, gradually getting busier with other runners, cyclists and dog-walkers as the morning went on.

I kept it pretty comfortable, knowing that I have a 10K race tomorrow and ran just over 20K/12mi in about 2 hours.

I made a quick stop at the craft store on the way home for some props for our costumes tomorrow (stay tuned!) and now I'm soaking in a cold tub to refresh my legs before we head to the wine expo for some tastings.

I'll be back with a full report tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

23 comments:

RunningLaur said...

Hooray for the long run. Have a great time at the race - I can't wait to see the next costume!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the long run! Wahoo!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

have some wine for me! :D

Jess said...

Glad you had such a nice long run!

Unknown said...

can't wait to find out about the costumes!

Anonymous said...

It must have been fun to go out for a long run on your own terms. A race tomorrow! Have fun.

Unknown said...

Can't wait to hear about your 10k!

Heather said...

Have fun tomorrow! Looking forward to the pics of the costumes.

chris mcpeake said...

20k the day before a race. Thats awesome yet a bit crazy.. lol

Toni said...

Sounds like a great long run!

Lindsay said...

nice job on the long run!! good luck in the race today! ooh costumes, can't wait to see/hear about them!

Unknown said...

i've done a couple races where no results were ever posted. what the font?!? oh well...

Unknown said...

oops - that comment belonged on your previous post. :-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great long run. I LOVE those. I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing these costumes.

A Toronto girl out West said...

Awesome long run! :o)

And you're going to do so well - best of luck in the 10k! Have fun!

Brian said...

Looking forward to the race report! gOOD LUCK!

Pfeffernuss said...

Great blog. Just found it and read a few posts. Your tattoo is excellent.
I´ll keep up with your blog and enjoy your reports from running in the US.
Greetings from Dülmen in Germany
Marc
http://www.fliegendezwerge.de/bilder/duisburgtattoo.jpg

J said...

Hope the race went well and you had a super costume!!

Denise said...

yum, wine!! I'm enjoying a well earned glass right now. Ran my ultra training run today!

joyRuN said...

A run on your own terms - sounds perfect after all your kick-@$$ racing lately!

Loved the mud run pics - your washing machine must've been a sight to see :)

Anonymous said...

Nice! I love getting in a casual, Good long run :) this was so simple - but it makes me want to go out, relax, and just Run.

hope you had a good weekend!!

Being Robinson said...

ahhh, lovely morning runs. i heart them. i can't wait to hear/see this whole costumed 10k report!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!! Can't wait to see your costume :)