Monday, June 29, 2009

Home

It's back to reality after a wonderful weekend away. The weather was perfect all weekend and we had an amazing time hanging out in the campsite, lounging on the beach, taking frequent dips in the lake to cool off and sitting by the fire at night. I've washed my hair three times since we got home and it still smells like smoke - but that's all part of the fun!

I wasn't planning to run all weekend, but we did end up running for our lives through the woods when we went for a hike and were attacked by bugs. We were absolutely swarmed and after toughing it out for 20 minutes or so, we ended up making a mad dash out of there.

I'll be making a few changes to the schedule this week because of running my long run on Friday instead of Sunday. Plus, it's Canada Day on Wednesday and hubby and I decided to take Thursday and Friday off to make it an extra long weekend.

Monday: 5K (filler)
Tuesday: 10K (general)
Wednesday: 10K (intervals)
Thursday: 10K w/ 4K LT (clinic)
Friday: off
Saturday: 7.5K MRP
Sunday: 23K LSD

5 more posts until my 500th post giveaway so watch for that coming up soon.

For now, I have to catch up on what you guys have been up to this weekend. Have a great day!

28 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Welcome back :D

No Longer Using said...

what is 23k in miles??? you have a great week coming up! i love how you can look ahead and re-arrange as needed. i'm a big fan of that. the biggest reason i hate camping is BUGS. i'm such a baby!!!!!! sounds like you had an amazing time:) i didn't know you were right on the beach! i'm so jealous!!! if i could live on the beach i would!!

Unknown said...

I was swarmed by bugs on the trails this weekend also. It would not have been as bad if I did not have to make a pit stop so bad.

Vickie said...

Glad you had a nice camping weekend! Enjoy your time off this week too!

Anonymous said...

That will be an awesome long weekend! We have WV day here and I don't get it off because I work in OH but the hubby does...hehe! Enjoy :)

{will run for margaritas} said...

sounds like an awesome weekend! glad you had a great time - even with the bugs :)

Heather said...

Fun weekend, and now a short week! Lucky you. :)

Jamie said...

sounds like a fun weekend - welcome home! and enjoy your short week!!

Jess said...

Glad you had a good weekend! And now it sounds like you have a fun week ahead.

Anonymous said...

Yummm...love the smell of bonfire smoke!! It's good to have you back!!!! I hope you and your hubby enjoy Canada Day!!!!!

Aron said...

glad you had a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

sounds like a great weekend and another upcoming. almost 500 posts. WOW!!!

Denise said...

Love campfires. Did you make smores?

Mark said...

Looks like an excellent week of training coming up. Happy Canada day!! Sounds like a great camping trip!!

Unknown said...

hmmm. i'm wondering what your running form looked like when you were escaping bugs. I imaging flailing arms. Lol

Anonymous said...

aw Fun camping trip!!!

500 posts?!!! WOWOW, that's a lot. I'll be sticking around, that's for sure ;)

J said...

Ahh the smell of smoke! Such a nice smell!! Only one more day of work for you this week! So lucky!

Felice Devine said...

Woo hoo! Long weekend AND 500th post coming up! Yah!

Frank Famularo said...

Wow, six days of training makes me feel I should be doing more, with 5 days of training. :)

Runner Leana said...

Wow, you are running 6 days a week? Nicely done! Looks like you have a good week coming up.

Toni said...

Glad to hear you had a great weekend. I love camping, it's nice to be outside with friends.

Lindsay said...

hooray for a short week and long weekend!! too bad they can't always be that way :-/ lol

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear you had a good time!

montisse98 said...

Happy Canada Day! Sounds like you had a great time -minus the bugs.

X-Country2 said...

SOunds like a great time!

Christy said...

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

joyRuN said...

Happy Canada Day!

Sounds like a great weekend, smoky aftersmell and all :)

I hate bugs. I could feel my bug bites itching even while I run. BAH!

I Run for Fun said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend. I hope to have as much fun as we're out camping this weekend.

Happy Canada day!