Saturday, June 20, 2009

Toronto City Chase Completed - with teaser

What a day! it rained most of the day as we ran through the streets of Toronto, completing crazy challenges and covering about 14KM on foot in the process.

We achieved all 10 Chase Points this year (only 9 last year) in 4:49 (5:28 last year).

I'll be back tomorrow with more details and photos, but here's a teaser for now. Just one of the "challenges" I had to complete. Yes, that is a tarantula on my face and YES, I am freaking out.



And now it's off to bed - I have a 19K group run at 7:30AM.

16 comments:

Nancy D said...

Ahhhh!!! You're so "strong" but now I'm going to have nightmares!

Lindsay said...

OMG, OMG, OMG... I couldn't have done it! You are SO freaking brave. Can't wait to hear about the whole race!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I don't think I could ever do that!!

Jamie said...

OMG! I could not handle that! That is incredible!!! What an improvement and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Christy said...

You're a brave brave woman!

Mark said...

No way, no how! I wouldn't of done that!!

Unknown said...

eek.

looking forward to the report. it's gonna be interesting, i can tell that already!

Denise said...

Oh man, that is nuts!! Can't wait to hear more about it! Don't think I could handle this one...

Jess said...

Holy lord! You are brave!

Erika said...

Ack! I could never do that, although as the mom of two boys, I've done things I never thought I would!

MCM Mama

Jocelyn said...

How cool! That spider is awesome. I have a huge fascination with spiders, yet they still freak me out in person! hahha

J said...

I get the hebby jeebys just looking at that photo! Great job, too bad about the rain though!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

that's where my experience would have ended LOL Looking forward to the rest of the report!

RunningLaur said...

Man, I can't wait to read THAT report. Looks crazy!

I Run for Fun said...

I am getting the shivers just seeing that thing on your face! That race sounds wild!

A Toronto girl out West said...

OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!