Friday, March 18, 2011

I shook my shamrock!


After a nice long warm-up, the clinic group headed out to our usual "loop" on the roads for our repeats last night. The sun was going down by the time we got there, but it was a nice and mild evening and many of us showed up in shorts and capris. It feels sooo nice not being weighed down in layers.

As promised, I was decked out in green for Linzi and Aneta's "Shake Your Shamrock" Virtual Race complete with green water bottle and green monster.  (Obvs I saved the green monster for after!)




We had 800 - 1200 - 800 - 1200 - 800 on the plan and I was looking for something around 5K race pace.

I was leading the group and these blew by almost too easily. I won't say they were effortless, but I felt strong and in control throughout and wasn't wishing for each interval to end. Imagine that!

Here's how they (shamrock-)shook down.

800 @ 3:26 - avg pace 4:17/KM (6:54/mi)
1200 @ 5:08 avg pace 4:17/KM (6:53/mi)
800 @ 3:25 avg pace 4:16/KM (6:52/mi)
1200 @ 5:06 avg pace 4:15/KM (6:50/mi)
800 @ 3:21 (!!) avg pace 4:09/KM (6:40/mi)

I'm thrilled with how well this workout went and totally killed my previous speed work records. Hello! I don't run this pace! (Well, I guess I do now...) Can't wait to see what I can do at a 5K in a few weeks.

After the run it was time to model the latest addition to my running wardrobe: this is the Alexis by Moving Comfort. I have it in another pattern already and I am in love with this bra.


Pretty soon everyone will be wearing them on the outside...trust me.


Have a great weekend and don't miss my giveaway!

27 comments:

Jason said...

Look at the paces.....WOW!!!! You are rocking this training session.

What is in your green monster? I need to start incorporating that into my diet more.

Running Ricig said...

you are seriously speedy!

Steel Springs said...

Look at that speed!

Anonymous said...

gret job marlene!
thnx for participating! yay

misszippy said...

Love the bra on top of the shirt! You did a nice job marking St. Patty's in all the right ways!

Johann said...

Very good workout! That green monster looks like a heavy weight. Have a good weekend!

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Dang!!! i predict a killer 5k!! Seriously! Those are some fast splits! Add some race day adrenaline and your gonna be amazing, or at least more than you already are!

Jen Feeny said...

Did you seriously avoid wearing only the bra by putting it on top of your clothes?!?!? You kill me girl! This was a much needed laugh today. :)

missliany said...

This is the second time I have seen you wearing your underthings on the outside in a very short period of time. ;)
I vote you run your next race this way!

Fifty K said...

Great workout! Love the bra over the shirt!

Gotta Run..... said...

You are smoking fast girl!!

Trend setter with the sports bra :)

So funny!

Nitmos said...

I like those descending interval times for both 800 and 1200. I'm green with envy.

Runners Fuel said...

That bra is so cute!

Anonymous said...

so what is your official race time?
my brain cannot calculate things today. lol

Emily said...

KICK ASS splits. oh, and cupcakes DEFINITELY fuel you for 3:40s:)

Abbie said...

Love your dedication to the green theme!

Anonymous said...

Way to SHAKE your Shamrock!! I am really glad you didn't run with your gm, that coulda been messy! :) So glad you participated!! And I was actually looking at those comfort bras yesterday. Glad to hear they rock. Woo hoo!!

Joanne said...

Wow! Speedy. Way to go.
You're so right about wearing the sports top on the outside. Like your style. :)

Kerrie said...

Hahahahahaha! Great pic speedy lady!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Dang! Great job!

AND, you look FANTASTIC, so athletic, love the pic!!

Karen said...

I LOVE Moving Comfort. My bra band size is really small, so if I get one that's too big, I chafe BADLY. Moving Comfort has saved my running career. I wish my bra style came in such cute colors as the one you got!! :)

J said...

Marlene you are so awesome! I am so happy you are rocking all these workouts and running so strong! keep up the good work! We should totally run a race together sometime!

Lindsay said...

interesting model there. you may need to come on WN2W with me ;)

nice intervals!! we were practically even on pace except you did more so you still win. mine weren't death-feeling either. kinda strange, but i'll take it! it made it enjoyable at least.

Mark said...

Man alive, Marlene!! You are getting fast!~! I love the pics!:)

Anonymous said...

I love that bra- I have a few of them already. They just don't like my hydration vest when I wear them. ;)

Richelle said...

Awesome job for the virtual race! I love that bra pic... too funny!

Denise said...

love the modeling!!