Now take a look at the view when I got home from work yesterday.
I was not in the mood for a freezing cold, windy and snowy run and I knew that trudging through the drifts would be anything but the recovery run I was looking for, so I resorted to a boredom-inducing hour on the rotating belt. Hopefully for the last time!
Not cool, Mother Nature. Not cool.
2. This Sunday is the famed Around the Bay 30K Road Race. Last year I blew away my time goals with a 2:42 and while I'm tempted to go for a major PR (especially since I ran an unofficial 30K PR during my long run last weekend!), I've decided not to race it this time around for a few reasons...
- A lot of my long runs have been "quality" (aka fast) lately - need to slow it down sometimes (a race seems like as good a time as any to slow down, right? :P)
- I want to rack up some time on my feet
- I'll be running 5K before the race to make it another [almost] 22-miler
- I'm going to have some fun running with Juliana
- Possibly carrying a camera...
- There's another reason, but I can't share what it is just yet. [no I am not pregnant]
3. It's your last chance to enter my Races2Remember Giveaway!
My fundraising giveaway is still going on for Nolan's Dream Chasers as well. Thank you so much to all who have donated so far: Patricia, Vladimir, Richelle, Jen, Barb, Paula and Kenny! Our team has raised $1640 so far, but we're still a long way off from last year's $12000. Thanks for your support!!!
A donation will earn you an extra entry in the Races2Remember giveaway too!
Happy Thursday (almost Friday)!