Monday, March 21, 2011

Week 11

This was a pretty big week with three major workouts and a decent jump in mileage. I had my usual "nervous anticipation" going into each workout, but I pretty much nailed all of them and came out of this week feeling more confident and positive than ever. I have never been in this shape in my life and I hope this means there are big things to come - but first I have to make it through the next 8 weeks without getting sick, without getting injured and without losing my focus. It can be dangerous territory when things seem to be going too well so I am reminding myself to keep it in perspective, listen to my body and be smart. I tend to get over-enthusiastic easily and there is still a long road ahead. But I'm looking forward to the ride! :)



Monday - xtrain/rest

There is no question that I am enjoying my rest days at this point. I'm not into cross-training at all right now so I'm just allowing myself to do nothing on Mondays without any guilt.



Tuesday - 23K (2 runs) - 6K tempo, 10K MRP

Recap here

lunch: 10.3K (6.4mi) - 52:01 - 5:03/KM (8:08/mi)
6K tempo at 4:40/KM (7:30/mi)

eve: 13.0K (8.1mi) - 1:08:32 - 5:16/KM (8:29/mi)
10K MRP at 5:06/KM (8:12/mi)















Wednesday - 11K recovery

Met up with a couple of girlfriends and got totally busted for skipping out on the usual running group. At least I was caught running! We enjoyed a leisurely and chatty run on the trails keeping the pace nice and slow.

11.0KM (6.8mi) - 1:06:28 - 6:03/KM (9:43/mi)



Thursday - 13K: 800, 1200, 800, 1200, 800

I shook my shamrock!

800 @ 3:26
1200 @ 5:08
800 @ 3:25
1200 @ 5:06
800 @ 3:21

14.0KM (8.7mi) - 1:14:27 - 5:19/KM (8:33/mi)







Friday - 8K recovery 

With a jam-packed schedule for the day, a morning run was in order. It was nice and mild so I had hoped to run outside, but resorted to the treadmill after 60 kph (37mph) winds woke me up at 4AM. My legs felt "okay" - a little sore and tired, but not nearly as sluggish as I did last Friday morning. I made sure to re-fuel adequately after my run Thursday night (see above). I plugged along at a molasses pace for 4 miles (1 mile short of what I had planned) while reading my e-book (font size XLARGE!) and then I was over it.


6.4KM (4.0mi) - 42:50 - 6:41/KM (10:46/mi)




Saturday - 32K long with 19K MRP

Last 19K (11.8mi) at [faster than] MRP - 5:06/KM (8:12/mi)


32.0KM (19.9mi) - 2:52:07 - 5:23/KM (8:39/mi)



Sunday - 8K recovery

Easy 'destination run' to retrieve our car from the bar!















8.4KM (5.2mi) - 47:11 - 5:37/KM (9:02/mi)



Total Week 11 Mileage - 95.1 KM (59.1 mi)
Total time: 8:43:36
Average pace: 5:30/KM (8:52/mi)





There's a giveaway going on - don't miss it!


32 comments:

Anonymous said...

huuuuge week for u! great work.

oh ps. went to see jayne and she totally helped me with running shoes. going back next weekend to buy them! thnx!

Being Robinson said...

nice week lady! sending sickless, injury-less vibes your way the next 8 weeks.

Jen Feeny said...

Great week chica, you are killing it!!! Can't wait to see you NEXT WEEK! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! :)

fancy nancy said...

Big week indeed!!! Great job! You are just killing it lately! Here's to 8 more weeks of this!!

Jen said...

Wow what a week! So glad you're feeling great and positive!

Beth said...

Wow, that is an awesome week! Congrats on the hard work, successful runs and high mileage!

Jill said...

You are AWESOME!! Such an inspiration. 8 more weeks - woohoo!

Unknown said...

you are a rock star chica!!! Inspiring indeed!

Aron said...

another killer week on the books!!!

RunToTheFinish said...

soooo glad your training is going well and that you are not pushing it even harder because it is. Let the rest of us know how you got so smart!

Anonymous said...

Awesome week. Must feel great to be so strong 8 weeks out! Keep pushing yourself and listening to your body!

chris mcpeake said...

great week keep it up

Janice {Run Far} said...

Great week and great pics... I am awful at getting a decent self shot. You're a beauty.

Teamarcia said...

Oh man girl you are nailing it! So excited for you!

Denise said...

i can feel the confidence! great way to head into the next few weeks. best thing you said is to listen to your body. do that and you'll be good to go on race day!! keep up the awesome work!

Char said...

You nearly hit a ton! (That's cricketing term for making 100) Rest, refuel, rehydrate then run. Your like is alliteration in motion.

N.D. said...

even with your day of rest, I'd be totally burnt out with this schedule! good for you!

Joanne said...

Great week in running. With those kind of times and miles, I'd love my days off as well. Good runs.

runnergirl training said...

Great job!! Nice training!

Lindsay said...

i meant to tell you the other day. shooking your shamrock sounds kind of scandalous...

ajh said...

Don't get sick. Don't get injured. Don't lost your focus. That one I am sure you won't. Be smart about the others and you will do well. I have great faith in you.

Mark said...

Incredible week!!! You are so well balanced and focused!

MCM Mama said...

Great week! You are rocking the training this go 'round.

Nicole said...

CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!! :) :) :)


Im doing a big happy dance right now!!!


i also wanted to thank you for being the BESET reader ever.. you never miss a post and your comments always make my day! i cant wait for a marlene hug..


p.s. i hope you dont mind hugs!

Richelle said...

Wow, you ran and read an e-book at the same time? That takes a lot of talent and coordination! You are a rockstar!

Anonymous said...

I always leave here in awe of how this training cycle has treated you - your weekly mileage numbers seem SO HIGH to me :) and I know I keep saying this, but WOW are you getting fast and strong!! Keep it coming, it's inspirational! xo

Anonymous said...

Amazing mileage, my friend! Good to read you're feeling strong. Keep it up!

Jessie said...

GREAT week!

Sarah said...

Good job babe!

Nice cupcake ;p

Felice Devine said...

Stellar week, Marlene!
Love all the pics. You are always the happiest looking runner. I love it!

Unknown said...

Pure AWESOMENESS!

Winks & Smiles,
Wifey

J said...

Great week of training! I feel that nervous anticipation before every run that I don't do first thing in the morning. When I run at night it just gives my mind more time to analyze the distance!