Thursday, November 23, 2006

Day EIGHT

And just like that, I'm half way through Phase 1! Can you believe it? I can't!

Being a scale-a-holic, I'm tempted to weigh myself again, but I'm trying to wait another day or so. And the scale better smile at me when I finally get on it!

So I have survived the first half of phase 1. I was doing some reading on phase 2 yesterday and as it turns out, I don't have a whole lot to look forward to. For the first week, I can add one fruit per day. Whoopee! The second week, I continue to have one fruit per day and add one serving of grains per day. And it continues, adding one per week until I am having three servings of fruit per day and three servings of grains per day. If I make the transition any faster than that, I will undo all the progress I made in phase 1. And that scares the hell out of me, especially with Christmas looming in the very near future.

Yesterday's feta chicken was sooooooooooooooo good! My favourite meal so far! The roasted veggies were delish too. I'm having those again tonight.

What else is on the menu today?

B: usual, 2 quiche cups, tomato & cucumber slices, green tea
S: celery w/ Laughing Cow
L: garden salad w/ 1/2 chicken breast, feta, Renée's Balsamic Vinaigrette
S: cheesestring, 2 slices of turkey
D: Savoury Chicken Sauté (SBD cookbook - recipe to follow later) and more roasted veggies (recipe posted yesterday)
D: sugar-free Jello or a fudgsicle. No Cool Whip left. :(

Going to the gym again tonight and then I HAVE TO PACK. We are moving in one measly week (which I could not be happier about, by the way). Of course, I'll be watching Grey's Anatomy tonight too! And this weekend, between packing and cleaning, I am going to start watching season 2. So much catching up to do! I can't believe I missed out on this show for so long.

That's it for now!


Updated Nov. 24 with recipe:

"Savory Chicken Sauté"

2 tbsp e.v.o.o.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 large onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
1/2 C fat-free chicken broth
pinch salt and pepper

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté chicken breasts in oil for 4 minutes, then turn them over and add onion. Cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic, rosemary and broth. Cover and cook until onion is tender-crips, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments: