Thursday, November 16, 2006

Well this is just cruel!

Day 1 of Phase 1

I got to work and there was a huge chocolate bar broken into pieces on the counter. I put my lunch in the fridge and walked away, thinking no sweat! No more than 15 minutes later, I found out that the bosses are ordering pizza for everyone for lunch today. Pizza. Today. This is so unfair!

My plan for today is:

B: 2 vegetable quiche cups (recipe below), 2 slices of chicken bacon, raw veggies (peppers & cucumbers)
S: 15 almonds
L: garden salad w/ l-f feta and Renée's raspberry vinaigrette, deli-sliced fat-free ham on the side
S: celery w/ l-f Laughing Cow cheese
D: Balsamic Chicken (recipe below) w/ steamed broccoli
D: melted sugar-free mini fudgsicle with 1 tbsp natural PB and 1 tbsp light Cool Whip

Unfortunately, the vegetable quiche cups are disgusting. I gagged one down, but I will not be eating those again. I think I only like spinach in the form of 4-cheese spinach dip. :) I will probably switch to omelets for brekkie. But I did enjoy the chicken bacon and raw veggies!

Here are the recipes:

"Vegetable Quiche Cups To Go"

1 pkg frozen spinach
3/4 C liquid egg sub (I used 2 eggs)
3/4 C shredded reduced-fat cheese
1/4 C diced peppers
1/4 C diced onions
3 drops hot pepper sauce (I omitted)

Microwave spinach on high for 2-1/2 minutes. Drain excess liquid.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups and spray cups with cooking spray.
Combine eggs, cheese, peppers, onions and spinach in a bowl. Mix well.
Divide evenly among muffin cups and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.

"Balsamic Chicken"

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1-1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4-5 tbsp white wine (optional - I omitted)
1/4 C balsamic vinegar

Rinse chicken and pat dry.
Combine rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt in a bowl and mix well. Drizzle chicken with the oil and rub with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 450 F. Spray roasting pan with cooking spray. Place chicken in pan and bake for 10 minutes. Turn chicken over. If drippings begin to stick to pan, stir in 3-4 tbsp water or white wine.
Bake about 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. If pan is dry, stir in 1-2 tbsp water or white wine to loosen drippings.
Drizzle vinegar over chicken and transfer to plates. Stir the liquid in the pan and drizzle over chicken.

...

Update! (2:15 p.m.)

So I survived the morning and lunch. My salad was good and filling enough with the ham slices on the side. I'm not crazy about Renée's raspberry dressing. I expected it to be sensational, but Kraft's is better and it's half the price! Figures!

I'm about to feast on celery and cheese. Hopefully that will keep me satisfied til dinner (yeah right).

Seriously, though, this is not too bad so far. And that says a lot since everyone around me has been feasting on pizza all afternoon and I can STILL smell it. Mmmm. Pizza.

Hangin' in there, Mom?

No comments: