Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back on the Beach: Phase 1, Day 1

Here we go again! I am back on Phase 1 as of this morning and I feel nothing but RELIEF. I couldn't stop eating junk once I started and honestly, I'm junked out. It did a number on my body after following the Diet for 5 weeks prior. Now that the holidays are over, it should be a piece of cake (not literally!) to stay on track. I am sticking to Phase 1 for the full 14 days again before I wean myself back to Phase 2. I feel bloated, so hopefully I will lose some water weight and start to feel lighter in these first few days.

Breakfasts and lunches are back to the usual quiches and salads, snacks are celery w/ Laughing Cow cheese or cheesestrings and I have honey-lemon-ginger green tea to tide me over in between. I have lots of great dinner recipes to try from my new cookbook, The South Beach Diet Quick & Easy Recipes. Nothing too exciting on the menu tonight because we will be home late, but I have several pages bookmarked!

I'm starting to feel the afternoon hunger in the form of chocolate cravings, but I'm not suffering nearly as badly as my co-worker who is trying to quit smoking!

As I mentioned in my last post, my immediate goal is to get back to 176 (175 would be even better!) by the end of the month. Wish me luck!

No comments: