Wednesday, January 03, 2007

P1, day 2: I remember this!

I woke up this morning feeling tired, weak, hungry and GRUMPY! Yep, I remember this! Day 2 was just like this the last time around. I guess it takes my body exactly one day to realize that I am cruelly depriving it of all that is good and holy (glorious bad carbs)! Luckily, unlike last time, I am already feeling better. I have a few yummy meals and a snack or two under my belt and it's all good.

See, I keep reading that you should never be hungry while on South Beach. Maybe I'm not eating big enough breakfasts or lunches because I'm always hungry mid-morning and mid-afternoon, even with the snacks. Hmm...

Last night I ended up having chicken parmesan (no pasta of course!), a salad and some veggies tossed in balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Tonight is chicken and pepper fajita over salad.

My husband says that I have to confess. I ate two of my delicious fudgsicle desserts last night. But really, two sugar-free fudgsicles, a few tablespoons of light Cool Whip and a couple teaspoons of natural peanut butter is a lot better than a plate of Christmas cookies or chocolate cake! Right? I promise to only have one tonight!

Back to the gym for me tonight to continue my running training. 30 minutes at 5.5-6 mph + a walking warm-up and cool-down. I'm eager to get on the treadmill again. Running feels good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mar!
I caught up on your blog and I think you are doing GREAT!!! Kudos to you for all your hard work, especially over Christmas. I am trying to eat better and get on my glider each day, only 128 days before the wedding. Eating healthy AND exercising is so damn hard. I know you can get to 175!
Leanna

Lor said...

Good Job Marlene! I'm not strong enough to stick to any diet!