Saturday, April 26, 2008

Just another Saturday...and Sporting Life 10K Goals

Hubby and I got up bright and early this morning for a run around a local park. It was a beautiful morning, plenty of people were out and about, and it was a pleasant run. We separated at one point when hubby decided my 5:50 pace was too slow, and I ended up taking a wrong turn. I wouldn't say I was 'lost' but I had to ask someone how to get back to the parking lot where we had left the car. Oops!

Anyway, I ran about 11.6K, which is my longest distance since the Chilly Half. All set for Sporting Life next weekend!

I'm going for sub 55 minutes (5:30/KM pace) but I think I am actually capable of running even faster than that. I figure if I can run 21K at an average pace of 5:40, I should be able to run a 10K faster than 5:30...right? Funny that I've run two half marathons and never a 10K (or 5K, or any other race). I guess I feel like I have something to prove to myself.

3 comments:

Zorbs said...

Oh hey I didn't know you were doing the SL, I am too!

Sarah said...

Aren't we all lol?

Zorbs said...

And if you see me, say hi! If it is not pouring rain I will be wearing a pink shirt that says "In my dreams, I am a Kenyan".