Friday, April 11, 2008

Runners' Prayer

Go grant me the fortitude to bear the pain and continue running, the courage to stop running if I am injured and the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks to Stacey for sharing this. This is where she found it, but I modified it a bit.

This rings so true for me. It's a struggle I had in the first couple weeks of running after my injury. I was acutely aware of every twinge, every ache...I started to wonder if I was over-analyzing or maybe even creating pain in my head (mind over matter!). But at the same time, I worried that if I felt something was off and pushed too hard, it would only hinder my progress.

Thankfully, I am comfortable and injury-free at this point (woohoo!) but I'll keep this prayer in the back of my mind always.

1 comment:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

you're doing great :D and as frustrating as it is, i'm sure the injuries taught us a few things, and hopefully no more!!! have a great weekend