Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sporting Life 10K Goals revisited

I mentioned in a previous post that I have a goal of completing the Sporting Life 10K in 55 minutes.

I now have a more specific goal, according to the McMillan Pace Calculator. The McMillan Method estimates your equivalent race performances using a current race time at any distance. Based on a 2:01:00 half marathon, I should be able to run 10K in 54:23 (pace 5:26/KM)...in theory. So that's my official goal. McMillan indicates that my 5K time is 26:11, which is only 37 seconds faster than my personal best 5K of 26:48 (which I have achieved twice in training runs). So, it's doable...right? Did I mention the course is primarily downhill? :)

I'm really looking forward to Sunday!

My week will consist of 8K at lunch today, another 8K Thursday (slow pace) and a short 3K Saturday to keep the muscles warm. BRING IT ON!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Interesting site. Based on my best 10K (during training) it puts my half slightly slower that I am hoping to achieve. Then again I don't know if the time I am aiming for is probable. Just have to wait and see I guess.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

i'm sure you'll kick some butt :) good luck sunday! let's hope for some nice weather!