Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Green light



I am a physiotherapy graduate. I got the all-clear yesterday. I seem to be cured! (for now, anyway...) Of course, I have to continue stretching and rolling, working on strengthening the hips and quads to make sure the ITBS stays away. I will definitely miss my weekly sessions with the gang at LifeSpring, but I don't want to end up back in there any time soon. :)

Except when I drop off those cupcakes I've been meaning to make...

I feel fantastic. I ran just over 6.5K tonight at my new average pace of about 5:45/KM. It was a gorgeous day and it felt really good.

I will continue to gradually increase my distance, probably starting with a LSD of about 7.5K this weekend. Once I am running an hour or more consistently and comfortably on the weekends, LifeSpring will construct my personalized program for me. But first I have to decide what I'm training for.

Onward!

3 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

congrats girl! that's awesome! now that the weather is finally getting better, those LSD runs will be so much better! :D

Zorbs said...

I'm gonna drive up to Newmarket on May 11th to pick up a walkathon pledge form and to pump some iron in the lovely co-ed weight area at Persechini's.

Christy said...

Yeah, congrats!

Enjoy those long runs again ;)