Tuesday, November 04, 2008

The downside of downhill

Oh me aching quads!!!

Check out this hysterical video that Erik posted. I'm pretty sure we can all relate! Watch for the girl hobbling downhill at about 0:10... yep, that's me right about now! I was loving the 6K downhill on Sunday, but now I am definitely paying for it.

Everything else is feeling great (other than an ugly blister on one toe) so I can't complain too much. And it felt pretty darn good to update my personal record in the sidebar. :D

I'll be in limbo for a couple weeks before training officially begins for my first race of 2009. Details coming soon!

12 comments:

joyRuN said...

That video was too funny! I'm sad to report that I'm walking like that today, with no official race finishing time to show for it ;)

Julianne said...

Oh I bet you're sore! Did you go out for your victory lap yet? (That might help with the lactic acid stuff?) I love updating my PR list! I haven't had to in a while, though...

Jess said...

Downhill feels good at the time, but you're right, we pay for it later!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

yikes! hope those quads feel better soon! everything that seems good at the time seems to cause pain later eh? LOL

Marci said...

I hear you on the quads. Mine are better today but still tender! Soo whats next?! :)

Unknown said...

Love the video. I would just take it easy and let your body recover until the training starts up again. Enjoy the down time.

Sonia said...

I love that ad!!! Glad to hear you're feeling great after Sunday's racE =)

JenZen said...

OMG!! Hilarious!! ANY hills kill me!

Marcy said...

I LOVE that commercial. The nips part makes me cringe everytime :-X

tfh said...

Ha! My quads are just beginning to forgive me for the downhills I ran on Sunday. But hey, it's natural. I'm glad everything else is feeling good for you!

Gotta Run..... said...

That video is so freaking funny!!

Although it may be painful at times I do love how your body talks to you after a hard workout. Lets me know that I am alive :)

Chic Runner said...

Hope you are feeling better soon, can't wait to see what races you are going to do!