Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Freedom

I went for a nice little recovery run with hubby after work today. It felt good to get my legs moving again and a lot of the discomfort in my quads quickly disappeared.

5K @ 6:08 pace (3mi @ 9:52 pace)

For the first time in months, I find myself in a state of limbo with no race on the schedule. I'm using the down time to regroup mentally and hopefully enjoy lots of leisurely runs (and cross-training). I know my body needs some recovery time after a few intense months of pounding the pavement, and my mind could use a little break as well. I love having races on the calendar, but it's also nice having a little bit more freedom and flexibility. This Sunday, I'm gonna run as far and as fast (or slow) as I feel like.

A few people have asked if I'll be running any more races in 2008, and the answer is no. I'm retiring for the year, with a shoe-box full of bibs and medals to show for it.

But don't you worry, training for 2009 will be starting in no time; 25 days to be exact... December 1st. The 2009 race calendar (13 planned so far) will be posted on Friday.

5 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

can't wait to read about the plan!!! i'm starting to look at a few as well! enjoy your sunday run...whatever you decide to do :)

Julianne said...

Wow! 13 in 2009?? Awesome. Can't wait to see what they are! Any in California??? ;-)

J said...

wow 13 races for 2009 that is awesome! Glad the quads are feeling better.

BeachRunner said...

Enjoy this slow 'n easy recovery time. You will be ready for a busy 2009.

Aron said...

ohhh cant wait to see what's in store for 09!