Monday, November 24, 2008

Recap

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I stayed off the compy for the most part, but caught up on almost everyone's blogs last night. Probably have a little more catching up to do this morning. Congratulations to everyone who kicked asphalt in Philly! Can't wait for the reports.

Quick recap of last week:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: H.O.T. + 6K
Wednesday: 9K
Thursday: Spin + 5K
Friday: rest
Saturday: Boot Camp* + 4K
Sunday: 14K**

*Boot Camp totally kicked my butt again on Saturday. We had a different instructor who did a lot less yelling but still kept us pumped up. We had 6 strength stations from chest presses to squats with body bars to push-ups, with bursts of cardio in between. My butt, quads and arms are still killing me!

**Yesterday I had planned 17K and drove out to the country to meet a girlfriend. My legs felt like dead weight from the moment we left the driveway and it was a struggle to make it as far as I did.

I'm still adjusting to the new cross-training schedule and running three of my runs immediately after a fitness class this week really did a number on my legs. But I think the bigger problem was not eating enough this week. I've been trying to lose the marathon bulge (just 1 lb to go!) and definitely kept the calories low this week. I should have known that chicken salad for dinner on Saturday was not going to cut it for a long run. Live and learn.

I'm planning to stick to a similar schedule this week with improved nutrition and see how my legs are for a long run next Sunday. If I'm still dragging my feet, I'll need to re-assess.

For now, this week looks like:

Monday: 60 min. yoga class
Tuesday: H.O.T. + 8K
Wednesday: 8K
Thursday: Spin + 5K
Friday: 5K or rest depending on the legs
Saturday: Boot Camp
Sunday: 19K

I'll leave you with a sneak peak at what else I was up to this weekend:






28 comments:

Sonia said...

You are a baking machine!! Can I invite myself over? LOL

The star cookies look great =)

A good meal before a long run is as important as bringing water with you during the actual run. Having said that I'm not even running and carbo-loading like crazy so I need some of you motivation to lose the extra lbs (I call mine thesis-15)

Unknown said...

I had a dream about cookies the other night. After looking at your culinary works, now I'm hungry...

Felice Devine said...

Yum! Those cookies look good. Now I'm itching to bake!

I think the not eating enough probably has had an effect on you -- I do that, too, and then my workouts suffer for it. So, I guess you need to eat some of those cookies!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

YUM! What time should i be there? LOL The eating thing is what gets me too, knowing how much to eat to sustain all the workouts, but not too much to gain weight... it's a work in progress. have a great week!

joyRuN said...

You're a Christmas Cookie Maven!?! Whoa - that's another skill I'm jealous off :) I just never get the urge to bake. My poor kiddies.

Great job on last week - those workouts are crazay!

ShoreTurtle said...

That's a good start, but I don't know if that is enough cookies for all of your readers.

:)

Run Mommy said...

Yummy! I can't wait to bake. Maybe this weekend..

Jess said...

OH! Cookies! I plan to be up to something similiar this coming weekend.

BeachRunner said...

Great week. You are one rocking baker.

Denise said...

Your cookies look beautiful! I decided not to bake this year because cookies are my weakness and I don't want them around. ;-)

Zorbs said...

See, I told you Andrea is nice and doesn't yell!

Brian said...

That bootcamp sounds brutal but awesome at the same time! I wish I could bake, haha.

Chic Runner said...

Your post just made me super hungry! :) Glad boot camp is working, I really like taking classes too!

J said...

All those cookies look so yummy! Great job on all the running, especially after those workouts! That is the hardest part - getting out and running after boot camp and stuff! Keep working at it - It will make you stronger!

Aron said...

YUM i cant wait to start my holiday baking :)

awesome job on the week!!! you are doing great!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, why did you have to show me that. I had to have picked the worst time to read that post. I'm just heading to lunch. Now I must pray to not give in to my sweet tooth.

Julianne said...

Oooh, could you ship me some of those cookies?? I'll take the star shaped ones!

Legs and Wings said...

That food looks amazing. Oh man.

Marcy said...

OMG!! Dang girl!! Send some of those babies over here! LOL

Vickie said...

Lots of goodies! If you didn't have to do your long run after boot camp, you might have a better run.

Anonymous said...

All the desserts look so good. I love baking for the holidays. The best part is after baking so much, I don't feel like eating what I made. Helps to save on the calories. But, it is game on for the stuff others make.

CA said...

So did you feel better after finishing your workouts or after you took the cookies out of the oven?

Heather said...

Those cookies look awesome! I got pregnant right after my first marathon . . . so I never really lost that marathon bulge!

Runner Leana said...

Looks yummy! Can I come over? Yup, trying to find the balance between cross training and running and having fresh legs is an interesting one. I try to get my runs out the way first, but I'm not sure if that is an option for you.

Have a great week!

Nikemom said...

Holy cow! Need my snail mail? Those treats look waaaay yummo!

Have a great Thanksgiving!

X-Country2 said...

Dang, look at all those cookies! Yummy yummy yummy.

Hopefully you ate at least a few. :o)

Steve Stenzel said...

Those goodies look GREAT!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Stacey said...

Wow, your cookies look terrific! Have a great week!