Friday, November 21, 2008

My first "Brick" + Photo Friday

Last night was a first. I went to my scheduled spin class (which I am really getting the hang of! yay!), bolted home to change and headed out for a little run with the hubby. He promised "recovery" pace so I figured, what the heck? I had a serious case of the jelly legs at first, which quickly turned into lead legs. It was so freakin' hard and I wanted to quit so many times, but just kept moving. In the end it felt like we had run much further than 5.6K, and much faster than 6:03/KM. I was convinced that my legs were actually going to fall off, but miraculously they are still attached and even carried me upstairs and into a hot bath when we were done.

So they call this a "brick" workout, right? Does it count when it's a spin class as opposed to actually biking?

I felt so hardcore!

And on that note, here's my Photo Friday contribution, which further proves my hardcore-ness.



(If you want to participate, just post a pic and be sure to let NikeMom know.)

This was taken at outdoor paintball with my company (sweet work function, huh?) last year. I'm holding my gun in the air because I've been hit... hmm, maybe I'm not so hardcore afterall.

Have a great weekend!

20 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Great workout! I've done paintball once, it's a blast! Have an awesome weekend.

Aron said...

awesome job on the workout!!! you are definitely hardcore :)

Chic Runner said...

harcore workout! seriously! I'm impresse, and that is a sick work function!

X-Country2 said...

Nice workout. Hardcore for sure!

M*J*C said...

That looks like so much fun! I would love to try paintball!!!

Jess said...

Great workout! I've never played paintball. It looks fun though!

Unknown said...

great job on your spin/run brick.

Paintball, huh?

BeachRunner said...

You are hardcore!

Sonia said...

Hardcore is your name, maybe we'll tempt you over to the dark side aka triathlons LOL

Legs and Wings said...

I once got hit in the butt and in the face mask at the same time :D Yeee-Ouch!

tfh said...

Spin class definitely counts! I push myself more indoors than out, anyway. Love the picture.

Unknown said...

I love paintball. We did it as a work team builder once. I really enjoyed shooting certain coworkers.

Julianne said...

Wow... impressive workouts. You are totally hardcore!

Run Mommy said...

You are hardcore...great job

Janice {Run Far} said...

oh I love spinning... sometimes I lift weights after and that is stuff enough.

Vickie said...

Of course it counts! Wow, that was great! Do I hear duathlon/triathlon in your future? The more you do these, the less the legs will feel like lead. Or they will feel like lead but you will recover faster after a while. The first mile is the worst, and depending on how long the run is the rest of it can be surprisingly faster than what you think you are capable of. I almost always run 5k faster after a bike workout than without. Weird.

Marci said...

Brick workouts are great. I love the time trials I did this summer, very tough but a great workout. I love that picture. You are super hardcore!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Of course it counts! I'm amazed your legs stayed attached also, ha!

Shoe Running said...

Wow! Paintball work function! That sounds like a ton of fun!

Sorry your run was full of jelly and lead...it'll be better next time! :)

CA said...

Thanks for following.

Do you have any recommendations on causes?