Monday, November 17, 2008

Squeezing it all in

This week looks a little something like:

Monday: off (supposed to be yoga, but I have dinner plans)
Tuesday: morning short run (if I can get up!), evening H.O.T. interval class
Wednesday: evening 8K
Thursday: evening Spin class
Friday: morning short run (no time after work)
Saturday: Boot Camp
Sunday: 17K run

In this time of limbo, I was hoping to maintain 30-40K weeks. Last week I only ran 25; this week looks like 30-35 depending on the morning runs. It's definitely taking some adjusting as I incorporate cross-training and I'm glad I started now while I'm not on a run program. The way I see it, I'll have a few options once training officially starts up in December: cut down the classes, learn to run longer after work and/or learn to get out of bed early enough to run before work. It would be much easier if I didn't have to work...

16 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

the cross-training is awesome for you though... good luck getting up early... it's so hard during this time of year!! enjoy dinner and your day off! :D

joyRuN said...

Definitely smart to get used to the schedule with fun cross-training! I might have to try that after this month wraps up :)

Run Mommy said...

If I can make a suggestion, doing the run in the AM (while also an excellent way to train) is helpful when trying to fit in cross training. IN know the mornings seem troublesome but great to get it done for the day so early!

Unknown said...

work definately gets in the way of my training! ah, the things we do for food and shelter.

TNTcoach Ken said...

I see Boot-camp is in the schedule. Don't you just love to hate it?

Shoe Running said...

Yoga, spin class, & boot camp! Sound like a fun week :) Good luck with you 17k too! Cheers to not working :)

Unknown said...

Wouldn't it be great to be able to quit work because it was interfering with our running schedules.

Marci said...

Sounds like a great week, enjoy the variety. You are going to be super strong! (well you already are, but more so!)

BeachRunner said...

That's H.O.T.

Marcy said...

You'll get er all figured out ;D

Heather said...

I've contemplated quitting many times. Work just interferes with what I really want to do with my life! Good luck fitting everything in.

Vickie said...

I agree about not having to work, but then how would we pay for all this running stuff??

Nitmos said...

I'm hoping that, if I keep talking about running with my co-workers, that they'll decide to pay me to stay at home. Which, of course, I'll use the time to train and work as much as possible on the side.

Runner Leana said...

Too bad we have to work to support our running habit, eh? I'm a big fan of the lunch time run except for when people schedule meetings that go straight until noon, or start right at 1 pm...

Nikemom said...

ahhh! how fit-ter we would be if we could workout all day instead of go to work. *sigh* then i guess we wouldn't have much to blog about. :D

Sonia said...

You're a busy gal! I'm kicking ass at cross training but definitely missing the running. =( I would have never gone into so much cross training if I COULD actually run though. haha

You're doing great at diversifying your training, you're going to become a stronger because of that.