Friday, November 28, 2008

T.G.I. Festive-Photo-Friday

(First, happy belated Thanksgiving to my American friends! I hope you all had a great day filled with family/friends and feasting!)

I'm feeling super festive this year, so you may have to tolerate Christmas-themed Photo Fridays until, well, Christmas!



(To participate in Photo Friday, just post a pic and let NikeMom know.)


That's our tree, which has been a-glow for two whole weeks already. I turn it on every evening when I get home from work and it just puts me in a great mood.

In other festive news, I've finally put a (small) dent in my Christmas shopping. I've started using my lunch hours when it's not quite as busy as evenings or weekends. Hubby and I plan to get another good chunk finished tomorrow.

26 days til Christmas!

On the running front:

A slushy 5K Wednesday after work - had planned 8 but just didn't feel like it. How's that for an excuse? My mileage has suffered a little this month, but I'm in maintenance so it's all good. Here's a glance at my runs for the month (so far) - first in kilometres, then miles.





Yesterday was four boring miles on the 'mill before Spin class. I definitely felt more than usual exhaustion in the legs during spin, but it was bearable. (Although Iw as *this* close to keeling over by the time I got home.) I think I'll stick to running before class on Thursdays for a while.

I have a short run planned for tonight, Boot Camp tomorrow morning and 19K for Sunday. Let's hope it goes better than last Sunday's "long" run - I'll be sure to eat more than salad for dinner on Saturday.

That's about it for me. Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

You had an awesome month Marlene! That's some serious mileage with all the cross-training you're doing! Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

running and spin always takes me out!

AddictedToEndorphins said...

Here's something crazy to try--Running AFTER spinning!!:) lol.
You are amazing. Seriousllyyy. I WISH my mileage was that high...it hasn't been that high since before the marathon.

Keep on keepin on! I *heart* your chirstmas tree. We're putting ours up on Monday.

Denise said...

You're tree has been up for a few weeks already!! Yikes, I better get moving!!

J said...

I am so glad that you are being festive for Christmas because I am too! I have about half of my shopping done!! Have fun on the runs and at boot camp! 80 miles for the month is still alot! Great work!

joyRuN said...

I agree with Melanie - factoring in the cross-training, that mileage is no joke!!

Unknown said...

You're a machine! Good job on being consistent with running and such. :-)

Jess said...

Beautiful tree! I'm with you, plugging it in at night just makes you feel good for some reason.

Sonia said...

Great month! Spinning is as hard as running sometimes. And you do both back to back? You crazy girl!

Cool Christmas tree! WE're going to do ours when we come back from my brothers.

Vickie said...

Great run numbers! And I'm betting the cross training will make you much stronger by spring. Keep it up!

BeachRunner said...

Great month and great pic.